Protecting Your Privacy
Engine Australia is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Since 21 December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We recommend you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Engine Australia may include your name, ABN, current and previous business and private residence addresses, telephone/fax/mobile numbers, email address, names and addresses of company directors, bank and branch details, and your trade reference details. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an account application form;
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information.
We collect personal information to:
- Assist us in offering an appropriate credit facility to you;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage these services, including charging, billing and collecting debts, accurate postal and electronic communication with you;
- Inform you of the ways our services to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research, develop and promote our products and services;
- Gain an understanding of your diesel parts needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
- Assist our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, debt collectors and lawyers.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please call 07-46798500.
When we disclose your personal information
Engine Australia may disclose your personal information to a third party from time to time. The organizations to which we may disclose information include:
- Outsourced service providers who manage market research;
- Your representatives e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers;
- Our professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers.
- Other businesses for credit related purposes including trade references.
At no time is your personal information offered or used for any other purpose other than what is deemed normal business practice.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Engine Australia takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address by contacting our Accounts Manager on 07-46798500.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to information privacy, please contact Engine Australia’s Account Manager between 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday on 07-46798500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.